This is an incomplete list of integrations, applications, and extensions of the Vega-Lite language and compiler. If you want to add a tool or library, edit this file and send us a pull request.
We mark featured plugins and tools with a .
Tools for Authoring Vega-Lite Visualizations
- Vega-Editor, the online editor for Vega and Vega-Lite. You can also get an output Vega spec from a given Vega-Lite spec as well.
vega-desktop, a desktop app that let you open
.vl.jsonto see visualizations just like you open image files with an image viewer. This is useful for creating visualizations with Vega/Vega-Lite locally.
- Voyager (2), visualization tool for exploratory data analysis that blends a Tableau-style specification interface (formerly Polestar) with chart recommendations (formerly the Voyager visualization browser) and generates Vega-Lite visualizations.
Plug-ins for Vega-Lite
Bindings for Programming Languages
- Altair exposes a Python API for building statistical visualizations that follows Vega-Lite syntax.
- Elm-Vega generates Vega-Lite specifications in the pure functional language Elm.
- ipyvega supports Vega and Vega-Lite charts in Jupyter Notebooks.
- Vega-Lite for Julia
- Vega-Lite “bindings” for R, create Vega-Lite visualizations in R.
- vegaliteR, vega-lite htmlwidget for R.
- Vegas brings visualizations to Scala and Spark using Vega-Lite.
- Vizard provides a tiny REPL client to visualize Clojure data in the browser.
Programming / Data Science Environment that supports Vega-Lite
- JupyterLab, an extensible environment for interactive and reproducible computing, based on the Jupyter Notebook and Architecture.
- nteract, interactive notebook application with Vega and Vega-Lite renderer.
.vl.jsonfiles along side your raw data, or embed Vega directly into comments and summary markdown.
Tools that used Vega-Lite
- Lyra, an interactive, graphical Visualization Design Environment (VDE)
- PdVega, lets you create interactive Vega-Lite plots for Pandas. Uses ipyvega.
- Turi Create Apple’s tool to simplify the development of custom machine learning models.
mondrian-rest-ui, an experimental UI for
mondrian-restinspired by Polestar and CubesViewer.
- Django Chartflo, charts for the lazy ones in Django
- Vega-Lite for PowerBI is an example of a PowerBI custom visual built with Vega-Lite.
- Sci-Hub stats browser provides coverage and usage statistics for Sci-Hub.
- Iris, a conversational agent for data science.
Tools for Embedding Vega-Lite Visualizations
- Vega-Embed, a convenience wrapper for Vega and Vega-Lite.
Visdown, a web app to create Vega-Lite visualizations in Markdown. Specs are written in YAML (not JSON) within
- vega-element is a Polymer web component to embed Vega or Vega-Lite visualization using custom HTML tags.
- marked-vega is a Polymer web component to parse image/code markdowns into Vega and Vega-Lite charts.
- gulp-marked-vega is a gulp plugin (comes with a cli tool also) to replace marked-vega markdown syntax with base64 embedded image tags, so that any standard markdown parser can render the Vega and Vega-Lite charts without modifying their render rules.