This is an incomplete list of integrations, applications, and extensions of the Vega-Lite language and compiler. If you want to add a tool or library, edit this file and send us a pull request.
We mark featured plugins and tools with a .
Tools for Authoring Vega-Lite Visualizations
- Vega-Editor, the online editor for Vega and Vega-Lite. You can also get an output Vega spec from a given Vega-Lite spec as well.
- vega-desktop, a desktop app that lets you open
.vl.jsonto see visualizations just like you open image files with an image viewer. This is useful for creating visualizations with Vega/Vega-Lite locally.
- Voyager (2), visualization tool for exploratory data analysis that blends a Tableau-style specification interface (formerly Polestar) with chart recommendations (formerly the Voyager visualization browser) and generates Vega-Lite visualizations.
- data.world Chart Builder, a chart builder that imports data from queries in data.world. The generated specs can be saved locally or uploaded back to data.world. Project is open source.
- Vega Viewer and Vega Preview, Visual Studio Code extensions for viewing Vega and Vega-Lite visualizations.
Plug-ins for Vega-Lite
Bindings for Programming Languages
- Altair exposes a Python API for building statistical visualizations that follows Vega-Lite syntax.
- Elm-Vega generates Vega-Lite specifications in the pure functional language Elm.
- Altair wrapper in R
- ipyvega supports Vega and Vega-Lite charts in Jupyter Notebooks.
- VegaLite.jl are Julia bindings to Vega-Lite
- Vega-Lite “bindings” for R, create Vega-Lite visualizations in R.
- vegaliteR, vega-lite htmlwidget for R.
- Vegas brings visualizations to Scala and Spark using Vega-Lite.
- Hanami A Clojure(Script) library for creating domain specific interactive visualization applications. Exposes a parameterized template system that uses recursive transformation to finished Vega-Lite and Vega specs. Built with reagent (react) and re-com enabled.
- Vizard tiny REPL client to visualize Clojure data in browser w/ Vega-Lite.
- oz Vega & Vega-Lite based visualization toolkit for Clojure & ClojureScript (fork of Vizard).
Programming / Data Science Environment that supports Vega-Lite
- JupyterLab, an extensible environment for interactive and reproducible computing, based on the Jupyter Notebook and Architecture.
- nteract, interactive notebook application with Vega and Vega-Lite renderer.
- data.world, upload
.vl.jsonfiles along side your raw data, or embed Vega directly into comments and summary markdown.
Tools that use Vega-Lite
- Lyra, an interactive, graphical Visualization Design Environment (VDE)
- Saite Interactive exploratory graphics and ad hoc visualization application for Clojure(Script). Built on top of Hanami.
- PdVega, lets you create interactive Vega-Lite plots for Pandas. Uses ipyvega.
- Turi Create Apple’s tool to simplify the development of custom machine learning models.
- mondrian-rest-ui, an experimental UI for
mondrian-restinspired by Polestar and CubesViewer.
- Django Chartflo, charts for the lazy ones in Django
- Vega-Lite for PowerBI is an example of a PowerBI custom visual built with Vega-Lite.
- Sci-Hub stats browser provides coverage and usage statistics for Sci-Hub.
- Iris, a conversational agent for data science.
- dashcard: a simple Bootstrap-based UI for dynamic dashboarding using Vega-Lite and Mondrian via a REST API.
- histbook, a versatile, high-performance histogram toolkit for Numpy.
Tools for Embedding Vega-Lite Visualizations
- Vega-Embed, a convenience wrapper for Vega and Vega-Lite.
Flourish - Visualization and Storytelling Platform
- Visdown, a web app to create Vega-Lite visualizations in Markdown. Specs are written in YAML (not JSON) within
- vega-element is a Polymer web component to embed Vega or Vega-Lite visualization using custom HTML tags.
- marked-vega is a Polymer web component to parse image/code markdowns into Vega and Vega-Lite charts.
- gulp-marked-vega is a gulp plugin (comes with a cli tool also) to replace marked-vega markdown syntax with base64 embedded image tags, so that any standard markdown parser can render the Vega and Vega-Lite charts without modifying their render rules.
- idyll-vega-lite is a component that allows you to embed Vega-Lite graphics inside of Idyll markup, an interactive markup language.
- generator-veeg is a Vega and Vega-Lite boilerplate generator for Yeoman.