This is an incomplete list of integrations, applications, and extensions of the Vega-Lite language and compiler. If you want to add a tool or library, edit this file and send us a pull request.
Bindings for programming languages
- Altair exposes a Python API for building statistical visualizations that follows Vega-Lite syntax.
- Vega for Jupyter notebooks supports Vega and Vega-Lite charts. Soon, Vega-Lite and Vega will be integrated into JupyterLab.
- Vega-Lite for Julia
- Vega-Lite “bindings” for R, create Vega-Lite visualizations in R.
- vegaliteR, vega-lite htmlwidget for R.
- Vegas brings visualizations to Scala and Spark using Vega-Lite.
- Vizard provides a tiny REPL client to visualize Clojure data in the browser.
- Polestar, lightweight Tableau-style interface for visual analysis
- Voyager, visualization browser for open-ended data exploration
- Lyra, an interactive, graphical Visualization Design Environment (VDE)
- JupyterLab, an extensible environment for interactive and reproducible computing, based on the Jupyter Notebook and Architecture.
- nteract, interactive notebook application with Vega and Vega-Lite renderer.
mondrian-rest-ui, an experimental UI for
mondrian-restinspired by Polestar and CubesViewer.
.vl.jsonfiles along side your raw data, or embed Vega directly into comments and summary markdown.
vega-desktop, a desktop app that let you open
.vl.jsonto see visualizations just like you open image files with an image viewer. Can also be used for creating visualizations with Vega/Vega-Lite locally.
Visdown, a web app to create Vega-Lite visualizations in Markdown. Specs are written in YAML (not JSON) within
- Django Chartflo, charts for the lazy ones in Django
- Iris, a conversational agent for data science.
- Sci-Hub stats browser provides coverage and usage statistics for Sci-Hub.
- Vega-Lite in PowerBI Example of a PowerBI custom visual built with Vega-Lite.
- Tooltips for Vega and Vega-Lite
- vega-element is a Polymer web component to embed Vega or Vega-Lite visualization using custom HTML tags.
- marked-vega is a Polymer web component to parse image/code markdowns into Vega and Vega-Lite charts.
- gulp-marked-vega is a gulp plugin (comes with a cli tool also) to replace marked-vega markdown syntax with base64 embedded image tags, so that any standard markdown parser can render the Vega and Vega-Lite charts without modifying their render rules.